I've been in a great mood for almost three weeks. But now it's over.
It shouldn't surprise me as my good mood lasted through all of the following:
- Having to wake up early the third fay of my vacation (7 a.m is early by "after finals" standards)
- Lugging around a bunch of books and a ton of papers to my university only to find that the library was closed (and they hadn't put up a sign on their web page so I couldn't have known) and the boxes were I was planning to throw the paper in were gone (the boxes are for recycling).
- Missing the train and having to wait for 30 minutes for the next one
- Standing an hour at midday under the summer sun to catch a bus for an hour trip to another city just to buy sandwiches (I'm nuts for doing this, but there's a perfect explanation)
- Having to walk, in heels, from the bus terminal to the sandwich maker and back, on a 32°C sunny weather. I did go window shopping a bit, too.
(All this happened on the same day, and weirdly enough I caught myself laughing in the middle of the street throughout the day. Yes, I'm the nutcase who starts laughing out of nowhere in the middle of the street)
- Having to work with my father (who I love but has the ability to drive me up the walls in 15 minutes flat)
- Having to go all the way to the back of my house (though the garden) to get a shower because the morons of my neighbours (technically all the town) decided the wanted to fill up their swimming pools with POTABLE water, so there was no water for the rest of us. I was surrounded by morons, apparently
- Having to travel on January 1st on a freaking "milk-cart" bus (we call it that way because it stops in EVERY SINGLE town from mine till B.A.)
- Having to endure the subway in the morning, where you can be squashed and or felt up without being able to knee anyone where it hurts (I did it once)
From an outsiders point of view I've had a couple of bad days, but I seriously didn't care about it because I was still high on having ended Uni (I got all my grades by Dec. 30th and I PASSED all my finals!) and having bought this really cute blazer and shirt (sometimes I REALLY love the things I buy)
Today it ended though. Not only did I get the heaviest laptop in the company, I also had to call my boss to tell him I wouldn't be able to start today as I was still on my course (way to make a first good impression) and I found out that I have to travel 1.5 hour at least each way to get there. The straw that broke the camel's back, though, was that I broke my sunglasses. They broke really close to both hinges. Ain't it great?! And this ain't the cheap glasses you bu on the street for $ 50. I can't wear those because they always are falling over. The arm (or whatever they are called) are too long for me, so they are always hanging from my ears, as they miss my nose too! So I had to go to the Optician's to buy a pair so they could shorten the arms. I had to pay $ 398 (roughly 100 dollars) and I would have loved to see my face when they told me the price. I'm pretty sure my eyes went huge at that. What the hell were they on when they decided on the price, but as I needed them, my mom agreed to payed them. There was no need to tell me I had to treat them as if they were made of gold. And today, because I'm a klutz and the freaking door closed faster than usual, they were smashed into it. I hope they can be fixed. If not I'll have to buy a new pair as similar as these one as I can, so my mum doesn't find out (I'm still care a bit too much about her opinion, so sue me)
Anyways, let's get on with that meme, shall we?DAY 1:
Your current relationship, if single discuss single life
DAY 2: Where you'd like to be in 10 years.
I have no freaking idea. I don't know where I'd like to be in 6 months, least of all in 10 years.
I always say I'd like to be working in Canada, but that's mostly because I'd like to live there. I'm way too practical/realistic (to some, just pessimistic) to think I'll find a person I'd like to live with. And I don't have the courage to have kids on my own, so if I'm not in a stable relationship, there's no chance that's happening. I'd love to be healthy, with all the people I love (who are mostly my parents, and sometimes, my brother) doing something that makes me happy, or that gives me the means to be happy. It does sound a bit cliché and sappy, but hey I'm not known for my creativity and depth.